May 16, 2010

let's give new york another chance...

So I'll be heading back to New York this coming Wednesday and I'm very excited to give the city a second chance. I visited NY for the first time in my adult life back in December of 2008 and returned disillusioned, depressed, heartbroken, and on the verge of a small identity crisis. Perhaps it was the failing relationship I was in at the time, or maybe it had something to do with the freezing/gloomy weather my body doesn't react well to. I'm not sure, but this time I'm cranking up that Jay-Z song on my iPod and doing things right!



I'll be going with three great friends (Catalina, Angelica, and Raymond). We're only going to be there for 5 days and 4 nights, but we plan on sleeping very little and doing way too many awesome things. Here's what we've got planned...

We'll be crashing at an apartment in Williamsburg, Brooklyn (not pictured below).


One of the reasons we all wanted to go to New York now rather than later: to go here...


for a chance to be part of art history and sit with this lady.


Besides MoMA we plan on seeing lots of art. Like the biennial at the Whitney,


the New Museum (where Jeff Koons has curated his first show),


P.S.1 (which we'll try and visit Sunday for the opening of Greater New York),


and hopefully some galleries (maybe Deitch Projects? Postmasters? Gogosian on Madison? who knows).


New York is known for it's great parks and we are all looking forward to checking out the newly opened and still unfinished High Line park on Manhattan's West Side.


Of course, Angelica made sure we went on the same weekend as NYC Popfest so we'll be heading over to Don Hill's on Friday to see Allo Darlin', Pants Yell!, and Tender Trap amongst others.


Of course, I made sure we went on the same weekend as LCD Soundsystem. We'll be seeing his third of four shows at Terminal 5 on Saturday. Not only will I be dancing ALL night, but I'll be able to check one more thing off my list of things I want to do before I die.


Besides all of the above, we'll be fitting in as much eccentric shopping, amazing food, and lots of unplanned adventures as we possibly can. If you know of any great thrift stores (and not the kind that sells used pairs of jeans for $300), amazing little eateries, things that are not-to-be-missed, and/or want to meet up, please let me know.

I'll certainly be posting on here about how it all goes, though make sure to look out for my tweets and tumblr posts for ongoing coverage. Bye bye, see you on the flip side...

2 comments:

  1. I want to meet up!! What days will you guys be there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be there from Wednesday morning to Sunday afternoon. We should definitely meet up! Give us a call.

    ReplyDelete