Dec 16, 2008

arts organization neglecting the art


I submitted a t-shirt design for the center's yearly t-shirt and it was of course declined.

The design (right) is a simplified picture of Rene Magritte's "This is not a Pipe" with the line under it "This is a Shirt." Genius, I know. It's smart, funny, and best (and most obvious) of all, it's about art. Unfortunately, nobody at work got it (except for our curator and my faithful co-worker), including our executive director. "Welcome to the arts organization where no one knows a thing about art", my co-worker sneers. This place where I work is filled with nice, energetic, motivated people. Great, but one thing is severely lacking: they don't know a damn thing about art!

Oh well. Maybe I'll publish it on threadless and hope my witty design gets the recognition it deserves. . .

2 comments:

  1. warning Burn to follow:

    sounds like the abject rantings of a self-proclaimed 'elitest', who thinks too much of his wit and singularity.

    ...i must be in the right place.

    ReplyDelete